The major elements of the EnMAP space mission are Scientific Principal Investigator, EnMAP Space Segment and EnMAP Ground Segment. The project management is at DLR Agency.
Scientific Principal Investigator
led by Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum, responsible for:
- Definition of the scientific objectives and requirements of the EnMAP Mission
- Development of an EnMAP Science Program
- Advise project management on trade-off between technical and scientific issues during mission implementation.
EnMAP Science Advisory Group (EnSAG)
headed by the Principal Investigator and composed of imaging spectroscopy experts . EnSAG:
- provides advise to the German Space Agency at DLR in the mission's scientific objectives to achieve optimal scientific results
- monitors the agreement between the scientific objectives and the EnMAP program execution
provides recommendations for complementary activities that enable retrieval
and use of the data
- raises awareness of EnMAP data in the scientific community.
led by DLR Space Agency in Bonn-Oberkassel, responsible for:
- The overall project management including the development and implementation of the ground segment and the mission operations
- Contracting of a consortium led by Kayser-Threde AG for the development of the satellite concept including launcher where the satellite bus is origin of OHB System AG.
EnMAP Space Segment
led by Kayser-Threde GmbH, composed of:
- the EnMAP satellite bus providing power, memory, the S-Band uplink/downlink for TMTC data reception/transmission, the X-Band downlink for payload data transmission ( OHB Technology )
- the hyperspectral imaging instrument (HSI) realised as a pushbroom imaging spectrometer ( Kayser-Threde GmbH ).
EnMAP Ground Segment
led by German Remote Sensing Data Center at DLR, comprises:
- the Mission Operation Segment (MOS), controlling satellite and instrument
- the Payload Ground Segment (PGS), responsible for data reception, data processing and archiving, providing an user interface for accepting observation requests, taking and executing product orders, disseminating data products to users and interfacing with the science user community directly, as well as with the Principal Investigator and the EnMAP Science Advisory Group (EnSAG)
- the Processor and Calibration/Validation Segment (PCV) developing the HSI Processing System capable of generating calibrated HSI data products at several processing levels, calibrating the sensor and validating the data products.